Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Like the ancient Phoenix






I suppose I should start by apologizing for my piss poor snark the other day. I was not only in a psycho-funk from a warring cold, but I was indeed pissed.
I have this issue with frustration. Once I have entered the frustration zone, it is extremely difficult for me to focus and I tend to become circular.
But alas, I also tend to digress.
Just about a year ago, Mary and I registered our domain name and hooked up with an internet host—In Motion. We were looking at going full time on the road in our recently acquired Coachmen Catalina 5th wheel. So we created a domain name BLUE ROAD BLOGGER with our host. Along with our initial site hosting, we have 5 or 6 other domains we can register with In Motion and for the cost of registration; we can have several web sites on out initial plan.
We later registered GET YOUR SNARK ON in anticipation of re-dressing the politically correct mentality.
Though it had been awhile since I was snarkin at the system, I thought I could just snark at the obvious and provide a platform for others to snark along. Kind of like a wanna be closet snarking society if you will. But as I should have known, one , at least I cannot snark quietly.
Then several months ago it started. I friended some anti-GMO groups, a few Agent Orange groups and then I went looking for trouble. I found my old favorite magazines on Facebook---RETHINKING SCHOOLS out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin; THE PROGRESSIVE magazine out of Madison, Wisconsin (see the trend?), and eventually I was back in Madison 1996, at least mentally I was. Walking down State Street, sitting st Canterbury Coffee / Bookstore and writing.
Then I find a FREE subscription to YES! Magazine. I had so forgotten about this publication. When I was living in Madison I had subscriptions to YES!, THE NATION, THE PROGRESSIVE, ADBUSTERS, RETHINKING SCHOOLS, and 2-3 other social commentary publications. I even drove to Milwaukee to work on RETHINKING SCHOOLS. There I met some devoted educators and great teachers fighting for their students on the front lines in Milwaukee Public Schools. In Madison I learned about Leonard Peliter and the Second Taking of Wounded Knee. I discovered Peter Kropotkin, Colin Ward, Black 47 and why society as a whole was drowning.
I was advocating the resistance to the IMF, the Summit of G8 (Now G20), and GMOs in 1996. I was suddenly a prophet and preaching about all that was wrong with society. I saw it as my duty to warn the others of the impending apocalypse. I was the black sheep no one wanted to acknowledge.
Eventually I settled down and let the frustration fall into a well-deserved sleep. I thought I wanted to be normal, and if that meant being comfortably numb, then I would be just that. So it has been for the last 10 years.
SO please be patient as I seek to regain my voice and my clarity. I have been practicing on a web site, CITY-DATA where I have been promoting the evils of GMOs and facing off with two total capitalistic idiots who I believe work for mansanto as they have made several appeals to the moderators to close the thread they deem to be baseless. It has been a great venue for me to present an argument without the frustration taking control.



No comments :

Post a Comment