Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Divorce



Contribution by Saul Martin

When I look back on my childhood, I never would have thought that my family would end up the way that it has. I didn't have the best childhood, there was a lot of fighting, but I really did think my parents were different and would stay together. While my friends' parents were going through divorce, I felt bad for them but I didn't really understand how it felt. Well, now I do. After 28 years of marriage, my parents have gotten a divorce. I am starting to wonder if any marriages last? I have been married for six years and I can see how it happens. Marriage isn't easy, but I still can't imagine not being with my husband. My mom has had the hardest time. I don't think she ever thought they would actually get a divorce either. She just moved into her own small two bedroom house by herself. She said she has never felt lonelier. I go over there every Tuesday and Thursday for dinner but I know that is not enough. I got her ADT Security Blair to help her feel like she wasn't alone. I think it has really helped her feel safer.

No comments :

Post a Comment