Friday, May 15, 2015

Who shall I send...

Not that I am an overly religious kind of person, but I can say I have an strong sense of JUSTICE and MERCY. For reasons that cannot adequately be explained, perhaps because I do not fully understand...I have been compelled to be at the front of the line when it comes to social action. And Isaiah 6:8 has forever resonated within my soul. This has been an annoyance throughout my life. At various times I have tried to stand wt the oppressed and demand justice, only to be ignored by all sides. Then they have been times when I thought to merely observe, and all sides demanded I pick up arms and defend a position, any position. And so, I am resigned to simply being the one. The one who steps out from the smoke and mirrors. Steps away from the rioting and chaos Steps away from the idle contentment To walk in the shoes of no one. To simply be....the voice of the observer.. Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

No comments :

Post a Comment